My Photo

Me? I am just a man.…i like music…i like rock’n’roll…I like songs…i like to write songs….i like to play them live…i like to record them…i like to play other people’s songs…i like when other people play my songs…i like to perform solo…i like to perform with a band…i like f/x pedals…i like art…i like artistic freedom…i like freedom of expression…i like freedom of the mind…i like freedom of the spirit and of the soul…i like free music…i like people who are real…i like artists who are real…i like music and art that is REAL…….

all D.D.M. songs are written, performed, recorded, mixed and produced by D.D.M.

visit www.thisisddm.com for more!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

MOOG - A Documentary (Parts 1 to 3)

I’m really, REALLY, interested in the new line of Minifooger pedals, especially the MF Drive with its “expression pedal control of Filter Cutoff Frequency”.  I’ve always known of Moog’s reputation for highest quality in everything it builds but this may be the first piece of gear I can actually afford to buy (plus it’s a DIRT pedal!!!!!).
Curiously, I had to find out more about Moog, the company, and I pretty easily ended up on their YouTube page.  After watching a few performance and demo videos , I settled on the playlist accessible by clicking here.  It’s a 3 part documentary about - you guessed it - MOOG.  There’s also a 4th video of deleted scenes definitely worth watching.
As per their own description: 
"In celebration of Bob Moog’s 79th Birthday we are proud to present:
Moog | A Documentary Film by Hans Fjellestad

Moog, the film, takes us inside the mind of this legendary figure as he shares his ideas about creativity, design, interactivity and spirituality. To this day Moog continues to shape musical culture with some of the most inspiring instruments ever created.”
Hope you enjoy.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment